October 14th is observed as the International E waste Day to highlight growing e waste issues and to ideate ways to curtail them. As a leading E waste recycler in the UAE for several years, Madenat Al Nokhba does not miss any opportunity to create awareness about Waste Electrical & Electronic Equipment (WEEE) recycling. So, for this year’s E waste day, we are recycling most of the E waste free for the entire month of October 2020. This will involve non hazardous items like electrical appliances/machines; electronic items/devices/IT equipment; wire cables etc and hazardous items such as batteries, light bulbs/tube lights and toner cartridges. We have smashing competitive rates for all these services.
In 2019 alone, the world generated over 53.6 Million tons of E waste, of which only 17.4% of was recycled. From this year moving forward, we want everyone to be a part of this collective effort to increase this recycling number and reach a goal of zero E-waste in landfills. How can we achieve this?
Here are 5 things you can do to participate in E Waste Day
- Discuss about E waste problems with your family, friends & Co-workers. Gather facts and figures to support your discussion. You can read our blog for some E waste recycling data.
- Talk to at least one child about E waste recycling. Let us educate the future generation about the E waste problems and build a habit of E waste recycling in them from now on.
- Collect all the E waste in your house, office, community including IT equipment, cables, batteries, spent lamps etc and hand over to a local recycler. If you are in UAE, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 043271778
- Place E waste bin around your community where you can be collecting all E waste items for periodic recycling
- Make sure you are not keeping batteries and broken spent lamps for a long time in the bin or in your house. They are hazardous waste and can harm you if the hazardous components get released in the environment
Are there any more interesting ways to celebrate the International E waste day? Comment below to let everyone know about it. Let us come together to recycle 100% of the E waste every year and live in a cleaner and healthier environment. Let’s make our planet Green again!
“The greatest threat to our planet is the belief that someone else will save it.”